We value our volunteers highly and recognise the important role they play in providing a full and effective education for our children. We also recognise what a huge contribution they make to the smooth running of our school.
Without volunteers the additional funds that are raised and extra curriculum activities would not happen in our school.
Flagstone State School P&C would appreciate volunteer support for fundraising events, daily operation in school canteen and operation of the uniform shop.
If you would like to volunteer, either see a P&C member, pop into the service or complete the relevant form below.
There is many jobs in the school canteen, they can vary from sorting orders for the day, baking, making lunches, serving during breaks. If you can volunteer anytime be an hour once a month to a day between 8am to 2.30pm Tuesday to Wednesday, please either pop in and see Trish McKay or complete the form below.
The uniform shop is open Monday morning 8.30am to 9.30am, Tuesday 2pm to 3.30pm and the last Tuesday of the month 5.30pm to 6pm. There is stocktake to be down monthly and opening the uniform shop. At the moment their is plenty of volunteers for open hours, however help with stocktake would be welcomed.
Perhaps the first and biggest benefit people get from volunteering is the satisfaction of incorporating service into their lives and making a difference in our school community.
The intangible benefits alone—such as pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment—are worthwhile reasons to volunteer. In addition, when we share our time and talents we:
• help provide solutions for our students and teachers process and education
• strengthen our school community
• improve our childrens school life
• connect and make new friends
In addition to this, in 2016 it was passed at a P&C meeting that parents that take the time to volunteer at the school and help build a better school community at Flagstone State School are entitled to 20% discount on school uniforms. To qualify for the discount, you must:
* be a current member of the P&C, membership forms are available at P&C meetings or on this site, then at least one of the following, this is to provide flexibility to all parents.
* attend at least 6 P&C meetings or
* attend at least 2 P&C meetings and volunteer at one event or
* volunteer in the canteen on some type of roster and assist at one of the sports carnivals or
* volunteer to run or assist run fundraising events a minimum of 2 a year.